From the 20th to 27th of May 2021 we plan to organize our first training tour. The trainings will be adapted to all participants of the trip, which means that orienteers of all ages and levels are most welcome to join us. The only precondition is that you love orienteering and are excited about doing your favourite sport at beautiful and exciting locations! 🙂 The tour will be lead by Ivan Nagy and Jaka Piltaver, whom you might know as the organizers of OOcup, Lipica open etc…
Day 1: Arrival
Meeting at Ljubljana Central railway station at 17:00, then traveling together to Prodnik inn in Juvanje, a small village in Upper Savinja valley, which will be our base for the following 3 days.
In case you need help getting to Ljubljana, please contact us and we will try to help. If it suits you better, you may also travel straight to Upper Savinja valley and meet the rest of the group there.
We will spend the evening relaxing by the dinner, settling in at Prodnik inn, and having a brief meeting about the coming days.
Day 2: Velika planina
Your orienteering adventure begins with a training session in the heart of Kamnik Savinja Alps, amongst the green pastures of the Velika planina mountain plateau (1400 – 1500m a.s.l.).
We will enjoy a typical mountain lunch in Jarški dom, which provides honest home cooked meals. Lunch will be followed by a short rest after which will go for an easy hike through the herdsmen’s settlements to admire breathtaking scenery and unique architecture of the cottages which define Velika planina. To those, who want more, we can offer second orienteering training on map Velika planina north (very intricate Alpine terrain).
Day 3: Menina planina & Logar valley
The route of the third day will take you to the hidden gem: Menina planina plateau, the more quiet and less known sister of Velika planina. Menina planina offers great orienteering on open and semi-open Alpine terrain and some really nice forest parts.
Immediately after the training session we will head towards Solčava panoramic road where we will have lunch at one of the tourist farms with stunning views over Savinja Alps. After the lunch we will descend down to Logar valley, perhaps the most beautiful Alpine valley in Slovenia. Here you can just enjoy a coffee at Plesnik hotel or have a 20 min walk to the Rinka waterfall.
Day 4: From Savinja valley to Kras
Day 5: Krajna vas and UNESCO Škocjan caves
Day 6: Piran and Izola
Day 7: Lipica stud farm and wine tasting
Day 8: Departure day
PRICES & INFO:
Dates: May 20 – May 27
Group size: min. 10 persons, max. 20 persons
Entries until: 25.04.2021
If there are enough entries we will ask you for payment until April 30th. If we gather sufficient number of payments (10) the tour will be confirmed, if not we will have to cancel it.
Entry: please make entry at firstname.lastname@example.org
• All bus transports, starting and ending in Ljubljana centre according to itinerary
• 7 nights, Half board (breakfast + dinner) accommodation in shared double room. Tourist tax included. Surcharge for single room.
• 8 Orienteering training sessions (controls set with regular O-flags)
• 4 out of 8 sessions timed with Sport Ident
• Lunch Velika Planina
• Visit to Preskar museum on Velika planina, the oldest herdsmen’s house
• Lunch at Tourist farm on Solčava panoramic road
• Entrance Unesco Škocjan caves
• Wine and food tasting in local farm on Kras plateau
• Ljubljana orienteering map
• Colour printed travelling Bulletin
• Photo monography Velika planina (95 pages full color book)
• Traveling with 2 local orienteers (support and advice at any time 🙂
Price does not include:
• Transport from/to airport. We can try to help with this, though.
• Lunch day 4, lunch day 5 and lunch day 6
• Entrance to Lipica stud farm
• Travel Insurance
• Health Insurance